Thursday, February 24, 2011

Review: Gone - Michael Grant



3/5

I have been loving YA dystopian thememed books recently, and when I heard about this series I reserved them from the library straight away!


I wanted to fall in love with this book.
With all the great reviews of it, I thought it would be great.

Sadly, I was disappointed, the story itself is brilliant, what an original idea for a dystopian themed book! But right from the start I found myself getting annoyed with the characters, thinking why had no one done this already. I am aware that the characters in this book are younger than in books I generally read, therefore their first thought wouldn't be going house to house to check for babies and young kids, although it is done after a while, but by then they are too late for some.

About halfway though the book, I started to get really annoyed with the same old story - yes I know all the adults are gone, and I know there are some strange things happening, does this need to be repeated all the time? Again this is probably because the characters in the book are all under 15 so I don't think I can really relate to them.

I did like the ending, and will probably read the rest of the series just to find out what happens, but it will not be classed as one of my favourite reads of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs