Monday, May 2, 2011

Review: Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) - Maggie Stiefvater

5/5

I'll admit, I picked this up purely for the cover! This was my first time reading a wolf centred book, in the past any wolves that appeared in my books also had something to do with vampires, so I was a bit hesitant at first and though I wouldn't really like it. Which is probably why it has been sat on my bookcase for months before now.

But oh how wrong I was!

This story throws all my previous knowledge of werewolves out the window (fictional knowledge - of course!), the book is written from both points of view, switching between Sam and Grace, which I think is a great way to tell the story!

I am not going to go into details and tell you the whole story, there are plenty of other reviews on good reads for that. I will say there was a slightly "Twilight-ish" feel to the book, although that certainly did not put me off. Maggie Steifvater has took the concept of teen romance between a teenage girl and a "creature of the night" to a new level, well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs