Saturday, June 4, 2011

Review: Bitter Frost (Frost #1) - Kailin Gow

4/5

Bitter Frost follows Breena a typical highschool girl, who has always had strange dreams of another world. A world where fairies exist and she lives among them, and even better a very handsome fairy prince who she dances with every night.
Of course these are just dreams, fairies don't exist in real life!

Breena wakes up on her 16th birthday and starts to see things, things from her dreams.
Of course this can't be real, most likely she hasn't had enough sleep!
Then BANG, she ends up in Fey Land and has no choice to believe what she is being told, she is a fairy princess and all those dreams she has had over the years were real!

I have heard a lot of people comparing this book to Julie Kagawa's The Iron King. Well I haven't got around to reading it yet, so I can't comment on that.
But what I can say is this book was pretty fast paced, which I liked! There was no beating around the bush, everything was laid bare for the reader to make it easy to both read and understand what what happening around Breena.

The story was a bit short, which is why I gave didn't give it 5 stars, but to be fair it is the first book in a five book series so of course not everything is going to be in this book, I am hoping the story will gradually unfold over the course of these books. And I am actually pretty happy that not too much was given away in this one!

The writing style in the book is good, I felt that I had been thrown head first into Fey Land when I was reading Bitter Frost, and the story was going on all around me. I did get completely sucked into the story and could not put the book down!

I loved the way this book ended and I cannot wait to get my hands on the second book in the series, Forever Frost to find out what is going to happen next!

Bitter Frost is available for £5.60 paperback or £3.47 for Kindle on Amazon UK
£8.40 paperback on the Book Depository
$8.99 paperback or $5.68 for Kindle on Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs