Thursday, September 15, 2011

Review: Invincible Summer - Hannah Moskowitz




Name: Invincible Summer

Author: Hannah Moskowitz

General Release Date: 19th April 2011

Date I finished it: 8th September 2011

Type: Paperback

From: The Book Depository

My Rating: 4/5 stars





Invincible Summer is the story of Chase and his summers spent at the beach house with his family.
When I first bought the book I had no idea that the entire book was written from a male point of view, so when I first started this is came as a big surprise to me.
I'm not typically a fan of male point of view's in books, but I carried on and found myself falling completely in love with this family that Hannah has created.

The story itself follows the rather large family each summer, their joy and their sorrow, their growing pains and family arguments. It is pretty much a coming of age story wrapped up with a lot of family drama.

When I first started this book, I didn't really like it very much. The first few chapters were kind of boring and I was getting confused over the amount of characters in the book.
After about halfway through the book however that all changed, something seemed to click in my head and I knew exactly who everyone was, what they were doing etc.
I really came to love some of the characters in this book, even though there are a lot of them they are all well written and well thought out, their characters come to life on the pages.

I don't want to spoil the book for anyone who hasn't read it yet, but the last few chapter had me in tears. It was at that point that I decided that I did truly love this book.
The ending is very moving, and once the book had finished I had to sit there and compose myself and just could not believe what had happened in this book and in the life of this family.

Overall a really great read!

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I think male POVs should be more present in novels. It definitely makes them original.

    Giselle at Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs