Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Review: Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid #6) - Richelle Mead



Name: Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid #6)

Author: Richelle Mead

General Release Date: 30th August 2011 (US)

Date I finished it: 8th September 2011

Type: E-Book

From: Kindle version

My Rating: 5/5 stars






What can I say about Succubus Revealed really?
It is the last book in the Georgina Kincaid series, I love Georgina.
I love her life, her friends and of course Seth.
I had mixed emotions when reading this book, on one hand I didn't want the series to end, but on the other I really wanted to find out the truth about everything that has been building up over the past 5 books, I wanted to see if my theories were right and prayed that Georgina got her happy ending.

I am going to try and keep this review as spoiler free as possible, which for me is going to be hard!
After reading what...16 books by Richelle Mead you would think that nothing she writes would come as a surprise or shock me any more. Succubus Revealed blew me away!

I did have a feeling that some of the things that happened in the book would happen and some of my theories I had after reading book 5 were right, but there were still a lot of massive surprises in it as well. Some shocked me more than others.

At the start of the book I was a bit annoyed with Georgina, after all this time you would think something in her head would just click when things didn't add up. After reading on though I soon realised that if I were in her shoes I would be too wrapped up with everything going on in her life to realise what was happening at the start as well, so I forgave her for that one.

The plot itself is similar to what I've come to know and love from Richelle, the usual mystery, uncertainty and something pulling Georgina and Seth apart again. After about half way through the book I honestly had no idea where the plot was going to go. I knew this was the last book, and there wasn't much more left to read so how on earth was she going to wrap everything up?! 

The second half of the book answered my questions perfectly.
The ending of the book ties up all the loose ends that I've been dying to know about since book one in the series, it left me with tears in my eyes and very, very happy. The last chapter itself was just beautiful.

I still don't think the fact that this is the end of Georgina's story has fully hit me yet.
I honestly loved this book, although it wasn't as action packed as the other books in the series it was an amazing ending to an amazing series.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh awesome review Emma! I can't wait to get my hands on this baby. Shouldn't be long now I hope...another few days before my copy is dispatched and then I can finally see if my theories were right! I MUST KNOW! So glad you enjoyed and that you thought it was a good ending for Georgie. *Squeee* I can't wait!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book and now I really want to abandon all my other books and jump straight into this.
    I think I will have to not get anymore books from netgalley and read all that I have as quickly as possible to get to this books. :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs