Thursday, October 6, 2011

Review: Meridian (Fenestra #1) - Amber Kizer



Name: Meridian (Fenestra #1)

Author: Amber Kizer

General Release Date: 11th August 2009

Date I finished it: 23rd September 2011

Type: Audio Book

My Rating: 4/5 stars







Meridian has never been a normal girl, death seems to follow her wherever she goes.
On her sixteenth birthday things start to turn very strange, and when a car crashes in front of her house, Meridian is sent to stay with her aunt in Colorado. 

Meridian's aunt is the one to tell her what she really is, a Fenestra.
She is a link between the living and the dead and she must learn to let dead souls pass through her into heaven.
While learning about her new powers, Meridian also learns that there is a darker side to death, they are called Aternocti. Instead of allowing souls to pass through to heaven, they pass through them to hell.

All the while Meridian has to deal with being away from her family and not knowing if she will ever see them again, a dying aunt who she is becoming very close to and a strange new religious cult that seems to have sweeped the small town by storm.

I loved Meridian, it was such a great book!
For me, it was a complete change to my usual YA paranormal reads. The book is something different from vampires and werewolves and it is beautifully written. Meridian is a loveable character who people can connect with and understand what she is going through.

As the story unfolds I was more and more hooked on it. I wanted to find out what was happening and why all this was happening to poor little Meridian. There was one point in the book I thought was predictable, and my guess turned out to be right. Because of that one point I gave the book four stars instead of five.

I did shed a few tears during this book, parts of it were very moving which I think adds to the overall feel of the book.

Overall I loved Meridian and cannot wait to get started on the second book, Wildcat Fireflies.


2 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds very cool! I've never heard of it before. I love when a YA novel stands out from all the others. Great review!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book a few times now but I've never given it a second thought. But really reading the summary and your review now, makes me want to put it onto my to-read list immediately. :) Sounds great!

    Thanks for sharing your opinion,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs