Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #2



This week is topic is top ten books I wish I could read for again for the first time.

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
I went to a midnight release party for Deathly Hallows and started reading it straight away, I actually skipped college the next day just so I could stay in all day and finish the book. I grew up reading Harry Potter and this book brought the whole saga to an end, I wish I could go back and read it again for the first time and savour it rather than rushing through it just to get to the end.

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Technically I could go back and read this again for the first time as I listened to it on audio.
The Hunger Games was my first proper dystopian book and because of it I fell in love with the dystopian genre.
At the time it was so completely different from anything I had ever read before and it had me hooked from the first chapter.

3. The Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman
I first read this when I was 10 and have re-read the entire trilogy about five times since then.
The Northern Lights was the first full sized novel I ever read and it also opened the door to mystical/fantasy type books to me.

4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy was my first proper YA Paranormal read and I haven't ever went back to read it again, I don't really know why. I loved this book and somehow ended up with two copies of it.

5. Wicked by Gregory Maguire
This was such an amazing book and a great start to the series. I loved Gregory Maguire's other books based on fairy tales and when I found out about Wicked I bought it right away. The story was well thought out and the characters came across as real people. 

6. Uglies by Scott Westerfield
Another start to a dystopian series. I had heard about this series years ago, my friend tried to make me read it but the broken Barbie doll pieces on the covers put me off at the time. After finally reading what Uglies was really about I snapped up the entire series and loved it!

7. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
This was my third Jodi Picoult book, but it's the one I've enjoyed the most out of all her books.
The story in it is amazing, well thought out and very touching.

8. Wasted by Myra Honbacher
Loved this book so much at the time, I have went back and read it a couple more times but it just isn't the same. I think it's the initial shock and complete disgust you get when you first read it that really grips you.

9. Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
My first venture into adult paranormal romance and the moment when I turned into Richelle Mead's biggest fan!
Such an amazing and totally different story at the time. I had only read the usual vampire or werewolf stories before then and this one opened my eyes to other paranormal creatures.

10. Marked by P.C. & Kristen Cast
I love the House of Night series, even though it's getting a bit old now.
Marked got me hooked on Zoey's story and at the time it was totally different from other vampire books.

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I loved my first experience with The Golden Compass too. It was like nothing I had ever read and I thought the concept of daemons was the coolest thing in the world! I still want my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one of these I've seen so far has Harry Potter as #1! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We have some of the same choices :) I loved Uglies too, I can't believe I forgot that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think like 80% of all this week's TTT start with Harry Potter & The Hunger games. I will definitely be rereading the hunger games thats fr sure, maybe I will like it more. Vampire Academy is definitely on my list this TTT, I LOVE IT! did you finish the series? I liked Uglies well enough but then I read book 2 + 3 on my trip to Hawaii so I wasn't into them as I should have been (hello, I was in hawaii you can;t blame me!) so that's a good choice! Succubus Blues is DEFINITELY on my TBR pile (mhmmm, I might start it in a couple of days even!) and I really need to give Marked another try. I think I will get bored from the books though... bit such pretty covers!!

    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma! I've only read two of these. Loved The Hunger Games but found Wicked a little too dark for my tastes. However, I adored Wicked's stage show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which Jodi Picoult books have you read? Change of Heart was my favourite, absolutely phenomenal. I heard that Nineteen Minutes is one of her best, but I haven't read it yet :)

    There are so many books I'd love to read again, but I never have time any more. Such a shame :-/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs