Sunday, February 19, 2012

Review: Midnight Frost (Frost #5) - Kailin Gow

Midnight Frost (Frost, #5)  Name: Midnight Frost (Frost #5)
Author: Kailin Gow
Release Date: 18th Sept 2011
Date I finished it: 27th Jan 2012
From: Kindle version from Amazon UK
Rating: 4/5 Stars





What can I say about this book really, after the way Frost Kisses ended I had to start Midnight Frost right away!
This book has everything, I mean it really does!
A crazy love triangle, a war, fairies coming together and fighting for a common good, family dramas. Gosh you name it and it is in this book!

I was really happy the way everything turned out after finishing this book, I am happy Breena has finally made a choice and got herself out of that love triangle. Although in the past she thought she had made a choice and ended up going back and being confused again, so I really hope she sticks to her guns this time!

The imagery used in these books just gets better and better, the world Kailin Gow has created is completely different to anything I have ever read before, there is so much descriptive language used that you feel as if the story is unfolding all around you. The characters in this book are brilliant! I feel like now that I've got to know who everyone is and what they stand for, I can appreciate all their individual little quirks that much better in this book.

I'm glad Breena isn't a portrayed typical heroine in this book, we get to see her doubts and her fears as well as her mistakes. To me this makes Breena more realistic as a main character, she is after all only a teenager. Instead she learns fom her mistakes and grows, which I think is the perfect mix for any kick ass book heroine.

Overall I really did love this book and this series is fast becoming one of my all time favourites. I have book six ready and waiting for me on my Kindle, hopefully I'll get around to it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs