Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review: Speed of Light (Fenestra #3) - Amber Kizer

Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)


Name: Speed of Light (Fenestra #3)
Author: Amber Kizer
Release Date:  13th November 2012
Date I finished it: 8th March 2012
Source: ARC from NetGalley
Rating:








I love this series so much, I actually squealed when I saw that Speed of Light was available on NetGalley! I honestly didn't think that ARC's would be out till  much later in the year!
This is this third book in the Fenestra series and just like the second book Wildcat Fireflies the story is told from alternating points of view, switching back and forth from Meridian and Juliet.

Speed of Light throws us right back into the story, straight away you are immersed in Meridian's world and all the crazy goings on that happens when she is around.
This time though Miss Asura is back and she is looking for something, something very important that she needs. She tries to enlist Juliet to help the search with promises of revealing the location of her mothers remains. While the others try to figure out what Miss Asura is looking for and why she needs it, human remains with links to DG are popping up which also need to be investigated, could any of them belong to Juliet's mother?

There are quite a lot of new characters introduced in this book, one being the group of Wood Hunters. These are people who protect Fenestra knowledge and family history.
At first I wasn't too sure what Amber Kizer was trying to do by introducing this new group, but as the plot plays out it soon becomes clear why they are a much needed asset to the story.
We also get to meet Fara, Juliet's protector who at first seems like a bit of an odd fit in the group. It also seems a little odd that she has taken almost forever to get there and was not there for Juliet's 16th birthday and her transition. I was thinking the same thing, all of these questions are explained in the book though.
I do like Fara, she seems strong-willed and acts like she really cares about Juliet. I don't know what is going to happen to them in the future as it's still early days but I think she is a great addition to the little group.

The plot in this book is awesome! There was so many massive plot twists that I totally did not see coming at all, even as things start to unfold around you you are still left guessing as to what is exactly going to happen. This book is not in anyway predictable.

I'm trying not to give too much away as I know this book isn't out for quite a while yet. But I do have to say this, Tens and Meridian finally get down to the dirty!
After all the talk about it in Wildcat Fireflies, it was really sweet to see them finally trusting in each other enough.

The ending did seem to me like the end of a series, everything is wrapped up and the reader is left on a happy note. Now I have noticed that there is going to be a fourth book in the series Counting Tens, due for release in 2013. I'm not sure where Amber Kizer could go with the story now, but from the title I have a feeling it will either be from Ten's point of view or about his past. I would love to learn about his past and everything he went through trying to reach auntie when he was young. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Overall to me Speed of Light was the perfect ending to this series (even if it isn't the final book), it was full of ups and downs, highs and lows and left me feeling thoroughly contented about the little group of characters I've come to grow and love.

2 comments:

  1. I love this series. I truly adore it and I can't wait to read this book! I'm glad the ending is satisfying, that's so important when it comes to a book. Nice review btw. You just made me even more excited about this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of this series. But I have heard good things. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs