Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review: Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) - Rachel Hawkins

Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)


Name: Spellbound (Hex Hall #3)
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Release Date:  13th March 2012
Date I finished it: 24th Feb 2012
Source: ARC from publishers
Rating:





Spell Bound is the third and last book in the Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins.
After the cliffhanger ending in Raising Demons, Sophie is searching for her mother and has been told she is with the Brannick's, a family who she used to fear as they hunt and kill Prodigium. 
When she does finally reach them Sophie is finally told the truth about why her mother is there, which leaves her hurt and confused.
The Brannick's believe that Sophie is the only one who can stop the war and kill the demons. Although with her powers stripped how can Sophie be anything to them.

After the ending to Raising Demons I was anxious to find out what happened to Archer. I got sucked into this book the same way I did with the first two books. Rachel Hawkins writes some amazing story lines full of unexpected plot twists that keep you on the edge of your seat the whole way through the book!

I love the Archer, Cal and Sophie love triangle that Rachel has created in this book. I can sympathise with all three of them for different reasons, but of course I'm rooting for Archer to get the girl! I think he is a brilliant and complex character in these books, and especially in this last one he comes into his own.
I think that this book is my favourite out of the three, there is a lot more going on in this one. More family drama, romance and some serious demon butt kicking action!

The end of the book has one of the biggest plot twists I have ever read in a book! It completely took me by surprise, I loved it! I literally could not believe what I was reading! I would love to go on and tell you what happens, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone, lets just say what a great way to end the series!

Overall, I really did love this book and I hope that Rachel Hawkins writes more in the future as I love her writing style and her characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs