Monday, May 21, 2012

Review: Venom (Elemental Assassin #3) - Jennifer Estep


Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)


Name: Venom (Elemental Assassin #3)
Author: Jennifer Estep
Release Date: 28th September 2010
Date I finished it: 20th May 2012
Source: Audio book 
Rating:







Be warned - this review will have a few spoilers

As most of you who follow my reviews and reading habits will probably know by now, I am in love with this series!
This is book three, and once again I listened to it on audio. I really love my audio-books, especially after a long day at work when I'm too tired to read, I just need to put on my ipod, close my eyes and I'm swept away into a new world!

First of all I want to talk about the cover for this book, I love the change from the red/orange theme of the first two books, the blue/purple really suits the mood of this book.

Anyway this time around things take a bit of a strange turn for Gin, the city's new detective and Gin's long lost sister Bria, has been trying to find out who killed her family. Completely unknown to her that Gin is her sister, she finds herself in Mab's bad books for digging up the past. When giant's attack her at home, Gin is the one to come to her rescue, but like before she isn't ready to reveal who she really is yet!
I really wish Gin would just tell Bria who she is, I can see why Estep is dragging it out, but the suspense is killing me! I just want them to be a happy family for once!

The main plot line in this book revolves around Roslyn, who is being terrorised in her own night club by Elliot Slater, Mab's right hand man. Gin agrees to help her out, but also knows that going up against Elliot is a declaration of war against Mab, the most powerful fire elemental in town, who also happens to be the person who killed Gin's mother and older sister years ago.
Gin must come up with a way to save Roslyn, kill Slater and not get herself killed in the process!

There was a bit too much repetition in this book for me, things that had been told or explained in the previous two books cropped up again in this one.
I usually don't mind it, as it is nice to have a quick refresher now and again, but this time as I'm listening to the series back to back, it did get to be a bit annoying.

I gave this book 5 stars, to me this is the best book in the series (so far). 
You can see a clear turning point in Gin's life and the decisions she is making in Venom. I especially loved the ending, all I can say about it is WOW!
I loved her conversation with Mab, I loved the way Gin had everything planned out perfectly, and how it all came together.
Honestly, Jennifer Estep is fast becoming one of my all time favourite authors, with each book in this series the writing, plot and character development just gets better and better.

I need to keep going with this series now as I am well and truly hooked!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs