Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Review: It's Not Summer Without You (Summer #2) - Jenny Han


It's Not Summer Without You


Name: It's Not Summer Without You
Author: Jenny Han
Release Date: 1st May 2012
Date I finished it: 20th May 2012
Source: Paperback for review
Rating:







After really enjoying the first book in this series, The Summer I turned Pretty. I had to reach for this one right away, I wanted to know more about Belly and her Summer boys and I didn't want to wait!

This book picks up right where we left everyone in The Summer I Turned Pretty. It has a very different feel to it that the first book, for one the characters have grown up a bit because of the grief they are gong through. They have also grown a bit distant as well.
They have all lost someone special to them, and this book shows the different ways in which all the characters deal with that grief.

I did like the different points of view in this book, as with the first one it was all told from Belly's point of view. Having read the the first book I felt like I got to know the other characters as well, so it was really nice getting to see things from their perspective.

I'll be honest, I didn't like the thought of Belly and Jeremiah getting together in this book. I can see how it makes sense though he was there for her during the hard times when Conrad wasn't. But I still believe Belly belongs with Conrad.

Parts of the book frustrated me at times, there was a bit much retelling of what happened in the previous book. Having literally just put down that book and picked up this one, I really didn't need the refresher. I can understand why it's there though.
Sometimes Belly annoyed me in this book as well, there were parts of the book when I really just wanted to slap her round the head and tell her to get a grip! 

Overall though I enjoyed this one much more than The Summer I Turned Pretty. To me this one was more grown up and more real. I could relate more to the characters and I really felt their pain.
Needless to say I'm reaching for book three now!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs