Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin #2) - Jennifer Estep

Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)


Name: Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin #2)
Author: Jennifer Estep
Release Date: 25th May 2010
Date I finished it: 19th April 2012
Source: Audio book 
Rating:








After I finished Spider's Bite, I had to keep going with this series!
Web of Lies is the second book in Jennifer's Elemental Assassin series.

Once again, straight from page one I was hooked on this plot!
The book opens up with Gin's restaurant being robbed, something she finds rather funny being an a bad ass assassin, that is until one of the robbers turns out to be a fire elemental, then the real show down begins!
This is only one of many action packed scenes in the book, but I just love how these books start with something that draws you in from the very beginning!

In this book we get to see a different side to Gin, when an old friend of Fletcher's asks for her help it stirs up a lot of memories about her own past.
We see a caring and loving side to Gin, which we didn't get to see much of in Spider's Bite. 
I really liked these scenes in the book, it shows that even though Gin is an assassin. She's still human, she has feelings and she has limits as well.

I'll be honest, I think I actually preferred this book to Spider's Bite, now that I've got to know Gin, I'm starting to love her as a main character!
She really is one of my top book heroines ever, coming a very close second to Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid and Eugenie Markham. And those who know me, know that I could gush for hours over those two fictional women. Gin Blanco is definitely one to keep my eye on!

Jennifer Estep's writing style is growing on me more and more.
Even though I listened to this as an audio-book, and will probably keep listening to the whole series on audio (I really love the woman's voice who reads it!). Estep manages to mix really good, action packed fight scenes, witty dialogue and even murder into these books, but still keep parts of it light hearted, funny and best of all enjoyable to read!

Now I am just looking forward to starting the next book in the series!

1 comment:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs